• Heel lifts help you stay more upright during the squat and prevent a valgus collapse caused by imbalances in the lower body musculature.
• Olympic shoes could help you early on in your squatting career, but they could hinder performance later.
• The majority of record-holding powerlifters don’t wear Olympic shoes.
• If you have a quad dominant squat with a narrow stance, or have hypertrophy-oriented goals, Olympic squat shoes may be right for you.
• If you have a hip dominant squat with a medium to wide stance and strength-oriented goals, Chuck Taylors may be your best choice.
An Interview with Justin Kompf(Courtesy of Tnation.com )
Read the rest here: